Date(s) - 27/08/2023 - 02/09/2023
Photography workshops Naples
7 days photography in an exciting city
– in the morning: one workshop of 3 hours
– afternoon: second workshop or you work individual at your project
– level: advanced photographer
All the workshops are about developing a richer way to tell a story with a picture or series of pictures. The program is flexible and I adjust the schedule and content depending on your needs. Step by step guidance to a deeper understanding of your storytelling, photography and your personal voice.
Because each corner of the center is loaded with history and stories. Because the people in Naples are very nice, direct and photogenic. Because you will find life everywhere in the streets. Because there are many beautiful locations with an edge without too many tourists.
Why this workshop guided by Paul Struijk?
Because he knows the city very well (10 years of experience), he knows the best locations, he understands what you need and will provide the lessons to learn that. Because as a professional photographer I know what it takes to find and create the most interesting stories. I can learn you all the skills and approach you require for a big project including how to edit (and select) it and the standards for publishing your work / or get it published.
Aug. 27-Sept 2, 2023
day 1: street photography
day 2: landscape of the city and street photography
day 3: architecture + street portraits
day 4: visual storytelling
day 5: working in series and visual storytelling
We will visit several areas in the city: historical center and some quarters around it, maybe a trip in the bay (island or peninsula). You will learn how to approach the local people in order to have a good contact and to achieve access to good locations.
teacher / photographer:
– the teacher is Paul Struijk, experienced Leica photographer
– approach in lessons is high level, positive, constructive, mindful and inspiring. I want to achieve awareness of your behavior and skills towards yourself and others in Naples. I try to help you to grow as image maker.
– teaching is a passion for me and photography is a passion. It allows me to express myself in images and stories.
email me if you want more information about the daily program etc: firstname.lastname@example.org Paul Struijk
English and Dutch depending on the participants
you work every day (5x) on your own project (afternoon/evening):
– you choose style of photography and subject
– daily consultation about concept, approach, progress, problems
– project ends with a series / visual story which you present to the group
– we provide you every day an assignment to practice: technical, creative or skills to achieve your goal
– time: daily one hour practice to improve your skills
– the rest of the afternoon is reserved for your own project
– €850 for lessons/workshops (fee to imageLab)
– payment in advance by bank after receiving our invoice
– not included: travel costs to Naples, food, drinks, room
– we will help you to find a room, we eat mostly together (you are free to join)
– small group 3-5 participants
– everybody will get personal attention and help
my goal as teacher is to offer you an intensive course with many aspects / layers – photography, history, culture, art, poetry etc
– and opportunities for you to learn, grow and enjoy
you can sign up below or in the column on the right